Weekly postings on Mondays

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Modern, Postmodern University, part 5: a critical pause.

In this multi-part series, we're talking about how to reach out with the message of Christ to four student profiles:

  1. The truly postmodern student (March 6 post).
  2. The truly modern student (March 13 post).
  3. The modern student with a postmodern veneer (next week).
  4. The postmodern student with a modern veneer (likely in two weeks).
But now I want to pause and say that in my many travels to college campuses, I can tell when I'm entering into a situation that is all prayed up:

Dorm lounges, student unions, quads and classrooms feel like sacred space, as if God is walking in the cool of the garden around campus.

I am convinced that we won't reach any of the four profiles unless we plant the garden of prayer.

No comments: