Weekly postings on Mondays

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Out with the Old, in with the Old

When I was young I was a rebel and a radical.

Now I'm a radical. Or at least I aspire to be so. 

The rebel in me went the way of James Dean--dead and buried.

The reason?

I never had a cause. Well, except to establish myself as a rebel. I suppose my friends and colleagues saw through this thin motivation, but I never did, not in my younger days.

Radical, on the other hand, remains a noble aspiration for me in middle age. I wish to emulate the radical Jesus who knifed through religious and social strictures to establish the kingdom of God in our midst.

Goodbye rebel. Hello radical.

Would you care to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last few days our group held a similar talk about this subject and you illustrate something we haven't covered yet, appreciate that.

- Laura

Rick Mattson said...

Hey Laura, you probably saw my rebel ways first hand!