Weekly postings on Mondays

Monday, August 30, 2010

Paying a High Cost

An old friend stopped returning my phone calls.

My intuition, which is accurate 3/4 of the time, tells me that my clumsy attempts to represent Christ to my old friend finally put him off.

Perhaps had I been more straight-forward -- a known quantity, things would be different.

Perhaps had I been more sensitive -- not forcing the conversation, we'd still be talking.

I don't know.

What I do know is that being rejected -- in this case with no explanation -- is tough to swallow. And the other thing I know is that if you and I choose to represent Christ with our lives (imperfectly, to be sure) we will, at times, pay a steep price.

2 comments:

Una said...

** Sigh ** Rick, these types of situations are tough. My hope is that your intuition is wrong this time.

Rick Mattson said...

Thanks Una. I'd love to be wrong just this once! :)